Original Passport with validity of minimum six months and
Visa application form has to be filled by the applicant and signed by the applicant.
(Download form from below)
Photo Specification: Two recent passport size photographs with matt finish, 60%-80% face coverage, white background and without border (Size: 50 mm x 50 mm).
Please Note: Photograph should not be more than 6 months old, scanned, stapled and should not be used in any of the previous visas.
Covering Letter from applicant mentioning name, designation, passport number, purpose and duration of visit in brief. The letter should be duly signed by authorized signatory and addressed to – The Visa Officer, Embassy of Japan, New Delhi.
Please Note: Covering-Letter on Letterhead if applicant is Self Employed or on plain paper if Employed.
Round-trip airline reservation
Confirmation of hotel reservation with names of all guests
1) Personal ITR or Form 16 for Last 3 years
2) Original Personal Bank Statement for last six months, duly attested and signed by a bank official
3) Any property papers, LIC policies, fixed deposit slips etc in English language.(optional)
1) Company Registration Certificate / Certificate of Incorporation
2) Brief Company Profile
3) Articles of Memorandum (
4) Proof of Proprietorship / Partnership (In case
1) Proof of employment like Salary Slip or Appointment Letter
2) NOC/Leave from Employer
1) Leave Sanction Letter from school/college
2) Parents have to provide ITR, Bank statement
If Newly married:
1) Wedding Card
2) 14-15 photographs
1) Engagement photographs
2) NOC from parents
1) Covering Letter from the company mentioning his/her name, designation, passport number, purpose and duration of visit duly signed by authorized signatory with company stamp and addressed to – The Visa Officer, Embassy of Japan, New Delhi.
Please Note : For Multiple entry Visa, Kindly mention the reason of applying for Multiple Entry Visa.
2) Original Invitation-Letter from Japanese host / inviting Company on its letter head stating the purpose of travel and duration of stay and should be duly signed by the authorized signatory mentioning his name & designation.
1) Documents from the Inviter / Guarantor in Japan
a) Original Invitation Letter
b) Schedule of Stay
c) Original Letter of Guarantee if the Inviter is bearing the expenses
d) Certificate of Income / bank deposit / copy of final tax return / certificate of tax payment of the Guarantor
e) Copy of Passport (First and Last page)
2) Proof of Relationship with Guarantor
3) Proof of Relationship, incase the applicant is accompanied by any dependant, i.e. Passport copy, Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate.
4) Additional documents, incase the Inviter / Guarantor is Foreign National
a) Copy of Passport (First and Last page)
b) Copy of latest and valid Japan Visa
c) Copy of passport pages with status items; entry / departure and permission of residence
d) Copy of the certificate of alien registration (Both front & back)